Prologis is the first industrial property company in the UK to measure, reduce and mitigate the carbon emissions embodied in the structure and fabric of its new buildings. This means that customers can make a positive environmental impact as soon as they move into one of our new buildings.
Embodied Carbon is measured as part of a Carbon Lifecycle Assessment in accordance with the BS EN ISO 14040 series of standards. Prologis reduces embodied emissions by:
- efficient design
- specifying low carbon materials
- minimising construction waste
We then mitigate unavoidable embodied carbon emissions by:
- Supporting environmental charity Cool Earth in their work to reduce tropical deforestation. Find out more on the Cool Earth website.
- Sponsoring local education and community projects
- This process is monitored by Planet First, which validates the carbon footprint report for every building and certifies that each stage has been successfully completed.